Senior Data Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Des Moines, IA, US
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services ofDHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Data Engineer
As a member of our data engineering team, you will help build and manage a next-generation cloud-based data platform. You will also be working collaboratively with our data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in a technology-driven organization and fast-paced environment:
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of data within the enterprise ecosystem.
- Design robust, scalable solutions and data pipelines to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of all types of data: structured and unstructured, batch, and real-time streaming data
- Be trainer, mentor, and evangelist of enterprise data ecosystem, tools, and processes
- Evaluate, select, and implement new tools, frameworks and applications required to expand our platform capabilities
- Understand and implement best practices in management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, and data quality metrics
What are we requiring for this role?
- 4+ years of collective experience in data engineering, data analysis, data warehousing, data integration or business intelligence.
- Proficiency writing complex SQL, with experience in multiple database platforms, and with SQL-based databases and data warehouses
- Familiar with Python for writing data transformation jobs and experience with bash shell scripting
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience developing ETL (Informatica or SSIS, etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and written skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Participate in monthly off-hours support rotation
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices and working on a Scrum team
- Hands-on experience with source control and versioning strategies using Git
- Familiarity with cloud-based data engineering (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
What do we prefer for this role?
- Experience with AWS Big Data stack (Glue, EMR, S3, Kinesis Firehose)
- Experience applying DevOps practices to data engineering, including: automated testing, and deployment of database changes using a continuous integration pipeline
- Relevant technology or platform certification (AWS Certified, Microsoft Certified)
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
How do you apply?
Click here to provide your resume or curriculum vitae and answer a few questions—which will only take you a few minutes!
Who We Are
At DHI Group, we recognize veterans as some of the most valuable, untapped talent in today’s market.
With business skills that are well-developed and highly transferable to the civilian workplace, we have made it our mission to help veterans translate their Military Occupation Codes (MOC) to civilian roles.
Careers here boost careers everywhere. We build products to connect tech professionals with the careers they desire and employers with the talent they need.
Passion for helping people thrive drives all of our 500+ employees worldwide.
At DHI, our purpose is Connecting Futures Now.
Tech and engineering professionals in North America
Professionals with active U.S. federal government security clearances
Financial services professionals around the world
What We Offer+ WORK
As a military veteran, we understand your last role was arguably one of the biggest and most important jobs someone can have. At DHI Group, we’d like to think we do important work too – connecting technology professionals with careers. Technology powers companies. Professionals power technology. When you join our team, you can help drive positive change for tech professionals.
In the military, career progressions are straightforward and clear. At DHI Group, we’ve made it our mission to establish clear career paths to help you navigate your options as you grow, and the tools to get there. Your goals will align with your leaders, team and peers.
From day one, we connect our veteran employees with onboarding resources to flourish at DHI. We offer you the tools and shine a light on the path for you to be successful working here.