Scrum Master Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Denver, CO, US
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team with self-organization mechanisms and best practices
- Coaching the team to higher levels of agile maturity within a sustainable pace of change
- As a Servant Leader you are responsible for impediment removal; working with the right person(s) or portion of the organization to remove impediments, or guiding the team to remove impediments themselves
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution or being judged; with an emphasis on problem-finding and problem-solving
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, conflict resolution and delivery of committed work goals
- Facilitates team ceremonies
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style, whenever possible, and leading by example
- Delivering cross team metrics and dashboards to facilitate continuous improvement and transparency to the rest of the organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization; define approach/strategy to grow that maturity level and deliver on it
- Knowledge and/or experience with wide variety of successful Agile practices, including: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Ceremony facilitation, etc.
- Applicable knowledge/understanding of one or more of the technologies and disciplines used by the team, including but not limited to: C++, Java, .Net, Solr, SQL and AWS
- Applicable knowledge of one or more of the disciplines/domains our teams specialize in, including: Mobile Applications; Web Site Development; API development; Salesforce development
- Experience in enabling and growing collaboration across multiple development teams (both co-located and distributed)
- Excellent communication, facilitation and mentoring skills
- Ability to working with distributed teams
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in software development environment
- 5+ years working in an Agile and/or Lean Software environment
- 5+ years working as in a Scrum Master/Agile Leader role (or equivalent) with a Software Development or Information Technology team that diligently applied Agile principles, practices and theory
- Experience with a variety of methodologies based on Agile or Lean/Pull foundation
- Experience with one or more ALM tools (e.g. TFS, JIRA, CA/Rally, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of techniques for coaching teams towards continuous improvement
- Experience working within custom web (java preferred) application development teams
- Experience as a Jira admin, including process customization and custom reporting
- 2nd level Agile certifications
How do you apply?
Click here to provide your resume or curriculum vitae and answer a few questions—which will only take you a few minutes!
Who We Are
At DHI Group, we recognize veterans as some of the most valuable, untapped talent in today’s market.With business skills that are well-developed and highly transferable to the civilian workplace, we have made it our mission to help veterans translate their Military Occupation Codes (MOC) to civilian roles. Careers here boost careers everywhere. We build products to connect tech professionals with the careers they desire and employers with the talent they need. Passion for helping people thrive drives all of our 500+ employees worldwide. At DHI, our purpose is Connecting Futures Now. + Dice
Tech and engineering professionals in North America
Professionals with active U.S. federal government security clearances
Financial services professionals around the world
What We Offer+ WORK
As a military veteran, we understand your last role was arguably one of the biggest and most important jobs someone can have. At DHI Group, we’d like to think we do important work too – connecting technology professionals with careers. Technology powers companies. Professionals power technology. When you join our team, you can help drive positive change for tech professionals.
In the military, career progressions are straightforward and clear. At DHI Group, we’ve made it our mission to establish clear career paths to help you navigate your options as you grow, and the tools to get there. Your goals will align with your leaders, team and peers.
From day one, we connect our veteran employees with onboarding resources to flourish at DHI. We offer you the tools and shine a light on the path for you to be successful working here.